Friday, February 26, 2010

Coupon Savings

I'm pretty excited about this week's trips to Walgreens and CVS; I think this is probably the most I've saved thus far!

CVS:

Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Control Kit
Cover Girl and Olay Simply Ageless Concealer
Cover Girl Trublends Microminerals Blush

Walgreens:

Gilette Venus Embrace Razor
Olay Total Effects Body Wash
2 Arm & Hammer 50 oz. Laundry Detergents
2 Arm & Hammer 6 oz. Toothpastes


This total before taking into account sales and adding coupons, extra bucks and register rewards would have been around $88 + tax. My total was $25. 35!!!

So, how did I do it??

Well, first of all, I had $5 in extra care bucks from CVS from my last trip so I headed there first. I bought the Clean and Clear Kit first in one transaction using those $5 ECBs. I also had a $5 off clean and clear coupon and a CVS coupon for $4 off $20. So, my total for that transaction was $6.48. The kit was marked at 19.99! ALSO, if you bought $15 worth of clean and clear products, you got $5 back in ECBs!

On my next transaction at CVS, I bought the covergirl concealer and blush. They were both priced at 12.99. I had a coupon for $2.50 off 2 covergirl products and a coupon for buy one covergirl face product, get one free. I also used the $5 ECBS I just received from the clean and clear kit. So, that total was $5.94.

At Walgreens, I bought the Gilette razor first because I received $4 back in register rewards for buying it. It was marked at $8.99. I also had a $2 off coupon and another coupon for a free Olay body wash with the purchase of a Gilette razor! I got a $9.99 body wash for absolutely free! So, that transaction was $7.57.

Then, I purchased the 2 A&H detergents and toothpastes. The deteregent was marked at $6.99 and the toothpaste was marked at $4.29. However, they were both on sale for buy one, get one free. I also had a $1 off coupon for both the detergent and the toothpaste. I used the $4 register rewards I just received to make my total $5.36!

No comments:

Post a Comment